Wednesday 17 August 2011

WOYWW - a bit of wood ...

Yes - a piece of wood. Actually its the bit of wood that was used as packaging, supporting six lovely bottles of Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Misty stuff that came free with purchasing a years subscription to Craft Stamper magazine ... yes I finally got around to it! Anyway, I used the chalk mist on the wood and thought it turned out rather pretty, so stamped a couple of Stampotique images using Stazon, did a little bit of painting too ... Its not finished yet as I want to add text and some more texture. And I really neeeeed a harlequin stamp! How come I haven't got a harlequin stamp when I need  one ...!? Gah!! And some turquoise paint too. Actually I can probably raid the kids paint and mix some turquoise, but I still can't use it until I get the right stamp ... so I see a bit of internet browsing in my immediate future!



I had really wanted to show you a lovely little shelf/drawer unit I purchased whilst on holiday last week. Its a charity shop find and the perfect size for displaying and storing my Stampotique stamps and I can't believe how lucky I was to find it! Except I can't take a photo as I havn't got it here to take a photo of (its been left behind at my parents house) ... ah well! It'll have to be featured in a future WOYWW!

To join in and see what other people are up to on WOYWW please visit Julia Dunnit's blog by clicking here ! Go on ... race you there...!

13 comments:

  1. what a lovely piece with wonderful colouring and images! look forward to seeing the unit!
    Thanks for sharing today,
    Sarah at 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful you've used the package of these bottles. I love the way you've paint and stamped this unit. Have a happy WOYWW.
    Bye, Franka

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative - gorgeous. Look forward to seeing the drawer unit - Hazel WOYWW #65 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with your bit of wood! Good luck finding a harliquin stamp! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW...and we look forward to seeing your find when it returns from visiting the parents :) -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh excitement at new storage, even invisible at this stage! The sprays look fab on the piece of wood...wouldn't have occurred to me to use it - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than finding that the postie has delivered the Craft Stamper - all that lovely browsing to do :) You've really put that bit of wood to good use to and I look forward to seeing your new storage eventually. Elizabeth x #70

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you just love freebies? You've done a lovely job on your bit of wood! Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the color on the piece of wood. It seems out of the million and one stamps I own I never have the stamp I want at that moment. Hope you get your harlequin one soon. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wooden piece of art! Even better that it was free.
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's great to see what you're busy with this week.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of recycled materials. Shame about the shelf but we can look forward to that at a later date!

    Hugs
    Brenda 80

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like to recycle too! Great job! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colors! What a fabulous idea to use the wood! Thank you for the welcome to WOYWW!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really appreciate any feedback! xx